Many job applicants do not equate sending a résumé with the need to use Netiquette. Keep in mind the need to balance items such as tone, fonts, and content with your email and other forms of electronic communication . These should be made complementary. Remember that a résumé should deliver upon all that is mentioned in the introductory email. If they are not balanced, the recipient might react negatively and lose the interest or enthusiasm that compelled him or her to read your email and open your résumé in the first place. Here are some basic Netiquette rules for the cohesion of your cover email and your résumé:
1. Keep font styles and attributes (e.g., size, weight, etc.) identical.
2. Have the same contact information.
3. Don’t repeat words often.
4. Show the same tone and enthusiasm throughout your communication.Maintain the same formatting. Many recruiting managers will assume, even if subconsciously, that you have a positive attitude when they see consistency.
Good Netiquette And A Green Internet To All!
Great Reasons for Purchasing Netiquette IQ
· Get more email opens. Improve 100% or more.
· Receive more responses, interviews, appointments, prospects and sales.
· Be better understood.
· Eliminate indecision.
· Avoid being spammed 100% or more.
· Have recipient finish reading your email content.
· Save time by reducing questions.
· Increase your level of clarity.
· Improve you time management with your email.
· Have quick access to a wealth of relevant email information.
Enjoy most of what you need for email in a single book.
**Important note** - contact our sister company for very powerful solutions for IP management (IPv4 and IPv6, security, firewall and APT solutions:
In addition to this blog, Netiquette IQ has a website with great assets which are being added to on a regular basis. I have authored the premiere book on Netiquette, “Netiquette IQ - A Comprehensive Guide to Improve, Enhance and Add Power to Your Email". My new book, “You’re Hired! Super Charge Your Email Skills in 60 Minutes. . . And Get That Job!” will be published soon follow by a trilogy of books on Netiquette for young people. You can view my profile, reviews of the book and content excerpts at:
If you would like to listen to experts in all aspects of Netiquette and communication, try my radio show on BlogtalkRadio Additionally, I provide content for an online newsletter via paper.li. I have also established Netiquette discussion groups with Linkedin and Yahoo. I am also a member of the International Business Etiquette and Protocol Group and Minding Manners among others. Further, I regularly consult for the Gerson Lehrman Group, a worldwide network of subject matter experts and have been a contributor to numerous blogs and publications.
Lastly, I am the founder and president of Tabula Rosa Systems, a company that provides “best of breed” products for network, security and system management and services. Tabula Rosa has a new blog and Twitter site which offers great IT product information for virtually anyone.