Even email is rapidly undergoing changes brought on by technology. Good Netiquette has and always will have a place in electronic communications. Contrast this to the role of etiquette in the evolution of society. Netiquette embodies respect and consideration as well as ethics. All of these are, in my opinion, critical in a changing and expanding world.
We should all embrace Netiquette as a means of keeping depersonalization from penetrating into our methods of interaction. Let's keep this in mind as we adjust and embrace new trends as listed in the article below.
Convince and convert.com by Jay Baer
15 Email Statistics That Are Shaping The Future
I just finished an invigorating panel discussion at the Marketing Profs Digital Marketing Mixer. Moderated by Aaron Kahlow from Online Marketing Summit, the session was titled “What Your Customers Really Think of Your Email Program.”
I was joined on the panel by Katrina Anderson of iPost, and Annie Kinnaird of Emma. Stephanie Miller of ReturnPath was the brains behind the format.
The idea was to wade through the ton of email data being published seemingly every day, and focus on the really juicy stuff – subscriber studies – that’s impacting how the email marketing industry is evolving.
Which of These Email Marketing Stats Scare You Most?
1. 21% of email recipients report email as Spam, even if they know it isn’t
2. 43% of email recipients click the Spam button based on the email “from” name or email address
3. 69% of email recipients report email as Spam based solely on the subject line
4. 35% of email recipients open email based on the subject line alone
5. IP addresses appearing on just one of the 12 major blacklists had email deliverability 25 points below those not listed on any blacklists
6. Email lists with 10% or more unknown users get only 44% of their email delivered by ISPs
7. 17% of Americans create a new email address every 6 months
8. 30% of subscribers change email addresses annually
9. If marketers optimized their emails for image blocking, ROI would increase 9+%
10. 84% of people 18-34 use an email preview pane
11. People who buy products marketed through email spend 138% more than people that do not receive email offers
12. 44% of email recipients made at least one purchase last year based on a promotional email
13. Subscribers below age 25 prefer SMS to email
14. 35% of business professionals check email on a mobile device15. 80% of social network members have received unsolicited email or invites
Good Netiquette And A Green Internet To All!
Great Reasons for Purchasing Netiquette IQ
· Get more email opens. Improve 100% or more.
· Receive more responses, interviews, appointments, prospects and sales.
· Be better understood.
· Eliminate indecision.
· Avoid being spammed 100% or more.
· Have recipient finish reading your email content.
· Save time by reducing questions.
· Increase your level of clarity.
· Improve you time management with your email.
· Have quick access to a wealth of relevant email information.
Enjoy most of what you need for email in a single book.
**Important note** - contact our sister company for very powerful solutions for IP management (IPv4 and IPv6, security, firewall and APT solutions:
In addition to this blog, Netiquette IQ has a website with great assets which are being added to on a regular basis. I have authored the premiere book on Netiquette, “Netiquette IQ - A Comprehensive Guide to Improve, Enhance and Add Power to Your Email". My new book, “You’re Hired! Super Charge Your Email Skills in 60 Minutes. . . And Get That Job!” will be published soon follow by a trilogy of books on Netiquette for young people. You can view my profile, reviews of the book and content excerpts at:
If you would like to listen to experts in all aspects of Netiquette and communication, try my radio show on BlogtalkRadio Additionally, I provide content for an online newsletter via paper.li. I have also established Netiquette discussion groups with Linkedin and Yahoo. I am also a member of the International Business Etiquette and Protocol Group and Minding Manners among others. Further, I regularly consult for the Gerson Lehrman Group, a worldwide network of subject matter experts and have been a contributor to numerous blogs and publications.
Lastly, I am the founder and president of Tabula Rosa Systems, a company that provides “best of breed” products for network, security and system management and services. Tabula Rosa has a new blog and Twitter site which offers great IT product information for virtually anyone.