In August, my new book, "You're Hired! Super Charge Your Email Skills In 60 Minutes! (And Get That Job. . . ) will be published. Look for it here or on Amazon.com.
1. Be mindful of core Netiquette and email etiquette practices
2. Keywords, keywords and more keywords
3. Note specific accomplishments rather than day to day tasks
4. Include links to positive on-line presence
5. Provide a section for additional accomplishments, not “references available”
6. Make use of all available tools for creating, editing and validating
7. Omit personal opinions
8. Eliminate overused phrases such as “Basic Objectives” or “Career Goals”
9. Embrace polite persistence and include processes for follow-up and maintain a consistent tone
In addition to this blog, Netiquette IQ has a website with great assets which are being added to on a regular basis. I have authored the premiere book on Netiquette, “Netiquette IQ - A Comprehensive Guide to Improve, Enhance and Add Power to Your Email". My new book, “You’re Hired! Super Charge Your Email Skills in 60 Minutes. . . And Get That Job!” will be published soon follow by a trilogy of books on Netiquette for young people. You can view my profile, reviews of the book and content excerpts at:www.amazon.com/author/paulbabicki
If you would like to listen to experts in all aspects of Netiquette and communication, try my radio show on BlogtalkRadio Additionally, I provide content for an online newsletter via paper.li. I have also established Netiquette discussion groups with Linkedin and Yahoo. I am also a member of the International Business Etiquette and Protocol Group and Minding Manners among others. Further, I regularly consult for the Gerson Lehrman Group, a worldwide network of subject matter experts and have been a contributor to numerous blogs and publications.
Lastly, I am the founder and president of Tabula Rosa Systems, a company that provides “best of breed” products for network, security and system management and services. Tabula Rosa has a new blog and Twitter site which offers great IT product information for virtually anyone.