The world is mourning the passing of Muhammad Ali. My earliest memories of him go back to his fights with Sonny Liston, where he won the Heavyweight title and rejoiced in declaring "I am the greatest" for the first time. This really did come to pass! Here are some of his most famous quotations . . .
Muhammad Ali In His Own Words: Six of His Best Quotes to Live By
by Jeff Johnson via msnbc.com
In an age where sports fans want their heroes to be more than just athletes, nobody has a legacy like Muhammad Ali.
Any press conference or statement he released was must watch, must listen. His gift for gab left reporters salivating and admirers invigorated with the same energy with which he spoke.
The sportsman's dialogue - he once declared "I'm so bad I make medicine sick!" - left a lasting impression on American pop culture, politics, sports, and race relations. Here are six gems to remember him by.
Ali spoke with introspection after losing to Ken Norton in 1973, despite 5-1 odds in his favor:
1. "I never thought of losing, but now that it's happened, the only thing is to do it right. That's my obligation to all the people who believe in me. We all have to take defeats in life."
While Ali boasted on his accomplishments in the ring he felt the burden of carrying the hopes and dreams of Black America on his shoulders. In the 1996 documentary "When We Were Kings," Ali mentions embraces this responsibility:
2. "I'm gonna fight for the prestige, not for me, but to uplift my little brothers who are sleeping on concrete floors today in America. Black people who are living on welfare, black people who can't eat, black people who don't know no knowledge of themselves, black people who don't have no future."
3. "Stay in College, get the knowledge, stay there until you are through. If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, they can sure make something of you!"
The gamble that is human life:
4. "Life is a gamble. You can get hurt, but people die in plane crashes, lose their arms and legs in car accidents; people die every day. Same with fighters: some die, some get hurt, some go on. You just don't let yourself believe it will happen to you."
The ability to dream and the consequences for the dreamless:
5. "The man who has no imagination has no wings."
And believing in oneself:
6. "It's the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief. And once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen."
Muhammed Ali may have left this world, but his legacy, and poignant words of wisdom will live on forever.
For a great satire on email, please see the following:
Good Netiquette And A Green Internet To All!
Special Bulletin - My just released book,
is now on sales at Amazon.comGreat Reasons for Purchasing Netiquette IQ
· Get more email opens. Improve 100% or more.
· Receive more responses, interviews, appointments, prospects and sales.
· Be better understood.
· Eliminate indecisin.
· Avoid being spammed 100% or more.
· Have recipient finish reading your email content.
· Save time by reducing questions.
· Increase your level of clarity.
· Improve you time management with your email.
· Have quick access to a wealth of relevant email information.
Enjoy most of what you need for email in a single book.
=================================**Important note** - contact our company for very powerful solutions for IP
management (IPv4 and IPv6, security, firewall and APT solutions:
Another Special Announcement - Tune in to my radio interview, on Rider University's station, www.1077thebronc.com I discuss my recent book, above on "Your Career Is Calling", hosted by Wanda Ellett.In addition to this blog, Netiquette IQ has a website with great assets which are being added to on a regular basis. I have authored the premiere book on Netiquette, “Netiquette IQ - A Comprehensive Guide to Improve, Enhance and Add Power to Your Email". My new book, “You’re Hired! Super Charge Your Email Skills in 60 Minutes. . . And Get That Job!” has just been published and will be followed by a trilogy of books on Netiquette for young people. You can view my profile, reviews of the book and content excerpts at:
In addition to this blog, I maintain a radio show on BlogtalkRadio online newsletter via paper.li.I have established Netiquette discussion groups with Linkedin and Yahooa member of the International Business Etiquette and Protocol Group and Minding Manners among others. I regularly consult for the Gerson Lehrman Group, a worldwide network of subject matter experts and I have been contributing to the blogs Everything Email and emailmonday . My work has appeared in numerous publications and I have presented to groups such as The Breakfast Club of NJ and PSG of Mercer County, NJ.
I am the president of Tabula Rosa Systems, a “best of breed” reseller of products for communications, email, network management software, security products and professional services. Also, I am the president of Netiquette IQ. We are currently developing an email IQ rating system, Netiquette IQ, which promotes the fundamentals outlined in my book.
Over the past twenty-five years, I have enjoyed a dynamic and successful career and have attained an extensive background in IT and electronic communications by selling and marketing within the information technology marketplace.Anyone who would like to review the book and have it posted on my blog or website, please contact me email@example.com.