Monday, February 17, 2014

Top 10 Netiquette Execises For Your Email - Via Netiquette IQ

Just like your body or mind, your email Netiquette can be exercised. And similarly by doing so, the end result will be that your Netiquette IQ and your emails will get "in shape" and improve. Most assuredly, this will improve your communications goals whether you are a job-seeker, marketing professional, student or anyone who uses a moderate amount of email communication.

Below, I have compiled a list of 10 "exercises". I encourage you to start a program to utilize this method. Determine if over a small amount of time if you feel better about your skills or results. If you have feedback , kindly feel free to express it either here or on my LinkedIn user group, Netiquette IQ. Good Netiquette to all!



Top Ten Netiquette Exercises

1.         Do not start any message or paragraph with I
2.         Use I, me or we no more than twice in any paragraph.
3.         My or I should not begin two consecutive sentences in a paragraph
4.         Include a salutation and closing for every email
5.         Remove any thread other than the previous message
6.         Include your signature on all replies
7.         Delete received disclaimers or branded messages
8.         Keep the font attributes the same on all emails
9.         Eliminate any embellishments, i.e.emoticons, quotations
10.          Verify none of the words used in my blog post of 2/16 are in your email.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

            In addition to this blog, I maintain a radio show on BlogtalkRadio  and an online newsletter via paper.li. I have established Netiquette discussion groups with Linkedin and  Yahoo I am also a member of the International Business Etiquette and Protocol Group and Minding Manners among others. I regularly consult for the Gerson Lehrman Group, a worldwide network of subject matter experts and I have been contributing to the blogs Everything Email and emailmonday . My work has appeared in numerous publications and I have presented to groups such as The Breakfast Club of NJ and  PSG of Mercer County, NJ. I am the president of Tabula Rosa Systems, a “best of breed” reseller of products for communications, email, network management software, security products and professional services.  Also, I am the president of Netiquette IQ. We are currently developing an email IQ rating system, Netiquette IQ, which promotes the fundamentals outlined in my book. Over the past twenty-five years, I have enjoyed a dynamic and successful career and have attained an extensive background in IT and electronic communications by selling and marketing within the information technology marketplace.



No comments:

Post a Comment