National Cyber Awareness System:
11/25/2015 01:21 PM EST
Original release date: November 25, 2015US-CERT reminds users to remain vigilant when browsing or shopping online this holiday season. E-cards from unknown senders may contain malicious links. Fake advertisements or shipping notifications may deliver infected attachments. Spoofed e-mail messages and fraudulent posts on social networking sites may request support for phony causes.
To avoid seasonal campaigns that could result in security breaches, identity theft, or financial loss, US-CERT encourages users to take the following actions:
- Avoid following unsolicited links or downloading attachments from unknown sources.
- Refer to our security Tips to learn more about Shopping Safely Online and Avoiding Social Engineering and Phishing Attacks .
- File a complaint with the FBI's Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).
- Report the attack to the police and file a report with the Federal Trade Commission.
- Contact your financial institution immediately and close any accounts that may have been compromised. Watch for any unexplainable charges to your account.
- Immediately change any passwords you might have revealed and do not use that password in the future. Avoid reusing passwords on multiple sites.
For a great email parody, view the following link:
Special Bulletin - My just released book,
is now on sales at Amazon.comGreat Reasons for Purchasing Netiquette IQ
· Get more email opens. Improve 100% or more.
· Receive more responses, interviews, appointments, prospects and sales.
· Be better understood.
· Eliminate indecision.
· Avoid being spammed 100% or more.
· Have recipient finish reading your email content.
· Save time by reducing questions.
· Increase your level of clarity.
· Improve you time management with your email.
· Have quick access to a wealth of relevant email information.
Enjoy most of what you need for email in a single book.
=================================**Important note** - contact our company for very powerful solutions for IP
management (IPv4 and IPv6, security, firewall and APT solutions:
In addition to this blog, Netiquette IQ has a website with great assets which are being added to on a regular basis. I have authored the premiere book on Netiquette, “Netiquette IQ - A Comprehensive Guide to Improve, Enhance and Add Power to Your Email". My new book, “You’re Hired! Super Charge Your Email Skills in 60 Minutes. . . And Get That Job!” has just been published and will be followed by a trilogy of books on Netiquette for young people. You can view my profile, reviews of the book and content excerpts at:
In addition to this blog, I maintain a radio show on BlogtalkRadio online newsletter via paper.li.I have established Netiquette discussion groups with Linkedin and Yahooa member of the International Business Etiquette and Protocol Group and Minding Manners among others. I regularly consult for the Gerson Lehrman Group, a worldwide network of subject matter experts and I have been contributing to the blogs Everything Email and emailmonday . My work has appeared in numerous publications and I have presented to groups such as The Breakfast Club of NJ and PSG of Mercer County, NJ.
I am the president of Tabula Rosa Systems, a “best of breed” reseller of products for communications, email, network management software, security products and professional services. Also, I am the president of Netiquette IQ. We are currently developing an email IQ rating system, Netiquette IQ, which promotes the fundamentals outlined in my book.
Over the past twenty-five years, I have enjoyed a dynamic and successful career and have attained an extensive background in IT and electronic communications by selling and marketing within the information technology marketplace.Anyone who would like to review the book and have it posted on my blog or website, please contact me email@example.com.