Core Netiquette Attributes of a Very Formal Email
1. Proper names in the From Field
2. Appropriate formatting of the Subject Field
3. Two to eight words in the Subject Field
4. A salutation with a title Mr./Ms./Mrs./Dr. or other correct address
5. Do not begin an email or any paragraph with the pronoun “I”
6. Clearly title attachments and refer to their content in the first or second part of the email
7. Maintain proper email formatting – See (Netiquette IQ A Comprehensive Guide to Improve, Enhance and Add Power to Your Email, or other quality reference work) for guidance
8. Refrain from any small talk completely
9. Check for tone in the best way available
10. Have a formal sign off (Sincerely, Respectfully)
In addition to this blog, I have authored the premiere book on Netiquette, " Netiquette IQ - A Comprehensive Guide to Improve, Enhance and Add Power to Your Email". You can view my profile, reviews of the book and content excerpts at:
If you would like to listen to experts in all aspects of Netiquette and communication, try my radio show on BlogtalkRadio online newsletter via paper.li.I have established Netiquette discussion groups with Linkedin and Yahooa member of the International Business Etiquette and Protocol Group and Minding Manners among others. I regularly consult for the Gerson Lehrman Group, a worldwide network of subject matter experts and I have been contributing to the blogs Everything Email and emailmonday . My work has appeared in numerous publications and I have presented to groups such as The Breakfast Club of NJ Rider University and PSG of Mercer County, NJ.
Great Reasons for Purchasing Netiquette IQ
· Get more email opens. Improve 100% or more.
· Receive more responses, interviews, appointments, prospects and sales.
· Be better understood.
· Eliminate indecision.
· Avoid being spammed 100% or more.
· Have recipient finish reading your email content.
· Save time by reducing questions.
· Increase your level of clarity.
· Improve you time management with your email.
· Have quick access to a wealth of relevant email information.Enjoy most of what you need for email in a single book.